By Adithy Hassan
“Be ambitious. Spend time wanting, pursuing, wishing. Chase things with passion. Dream. But never let the chase diminish what you already have.”
Well it’s that time of the year again where we transition from one season to the next, and especially since the winter blues have been lingering in the air for quite a while, I’m very excited to start talking about this year’s spring wardrobe essentials! (Make sure to click the designated pictures to find out the next store you are planning to visit as you stock up your closet with brand new spring essentials)
1. Rompers: This has to be my new favorite essential lately. Rompers are the epitome of an effortless yet chic look. There are a million different cuts and patterns found on rompers, you are bound to find the perfect one.
2. Lengthy Kimonos and Light Cardigans: Fun printed outerwear hasn’t left the scene just yet. Paired with light-washed jean shorts, a cute top, and the right type of boots is just what any girl needs to transition from winter to spring.
4. Coin jewelry: The bigger and bolder, the better. Chunky statement pieces have been in the spotlight for quite a while now, but adding coins to the ends of many necklaces is sure to add a bit of laid-back and in-charge flair to any outfit.
5. Floppy Hats: Hats have definitely made their come-back in the past few years, but you don’t want to be caught in a beanie on the hottest days of the year. Having a bad hair day?- floppy hats are the new fix.
6. Intricate Crotchet Patterns: Hand- crafted and showing every bit of detail encapsulates the soul as you caress your hand upon any new pattern you may lay your eyes upon. Mostly present in maxi-dresses, every pattern I’ve seen could never seize to impress.
7.Printed Bottoms: Last year, one of the biggest trends were printed leggings. Well this year, these prints are back, but even better! Incorporating prints on harem pants have added comfort and bolder expression in closets and runways all around the world.
I hope this inspires you to hit some stores this weekend and pick up any essentials you may have missed. Especially since t’s time for some of the biggest music festivals in the world, such as Coachella, and bohemian styles have hit back in stores bigger than ever. So keep your eyes out for fringe, boot-legged harem pants, and crotchet overlay maxi dresses, as well.Till next week, XOXO Adithy.