By Anusha Natarajan
A lot of you may wonder what to do during your free time or just to try something new. This list will give you great tips and ideas on what you can explore.
1. See the northern lights. I personally think that how amazing it would be to witness the northern lights because of how vibrant the colors are. Usually it only occurs in the winter months up in Alaska or Northern Territory.
2. Go Zorbing. If you like try new things ,zorbing is one the most enthusiastic activity. What the definition of zorbing, which makes you roll downhill inside an orb. You can do this in water or on dry areas
3. Solve a Rubik’s Cube. The Rubik’s Cube has been existing since the 1980’s. This is one of the most difficult puzzles to solve for both adult and children. The highest record for solving a Rubik’s Cube was in 19 sec.
4. Memorize the Periodic Table Elements. This would be a great idea for mad scientists out there. There are 118 elements with 7 periods and 18 groups.
5.Go to Antarctica. Antarctica is one of the largest deserts on Earth. It is home to many penguin families. If you want to do scientific research at Antarctica, this would be one of the spectacular places to do the research.
6. Stay at an ice hotel. These hotels usually are rebuilt every winter. The walls and floors are all made of ice. Many activities include ice sculpting, fishing ,and sleighing. One of the most famous ice hotel is located in Sweden.
7. Going on a road trip across America (or anywhere). Road trips are one of the best ways to travel to explore new regions with different climate, exploring nature ,and making stops at places which you have never have thought about. It can also give you great memories about the joy of traveling.
8. Visit Stonehenge. If your looking for something historical or ancient architecture, Stonehenge is for you. It is located in Wiltshire, England. There are many theories on what the Stonehenge symbolizes. Archeologists advocate that it was a place for healing.
9. Learn a new language. Learning a new language is very crucial if you travel out of the country frequently to different areas. It increases your listening and your reading skills.
10. Travel to all the 7 continents. From Africa to Europe to Asia. This would be an amazing thing to try for all the travel lovers. This would be an appealing way for discovering culture and diversity of wildlife.
11. Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is located off the coast of Australia and is one of the largest coral reef system. Scuba Diving in this majestic reef would be an way of discovering the diversity of species swimming through these shallow waters.
12. Swim under a waterfall. If you want to go swimming, don’t swim in the pool…try swimming under a waterfall. You can feel the water gushing right at you and playing with friends and family at a more bigger area.
13. Swim with Dolphins. Swimming with animals is the best way to interact with them. Dolphins are marine animals and one of the most harmless animals. If you want to get to know dolphins better, this would be a good way.
14.Walk the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall of China is one f the largest distance for walking. It is a series of citadels made out of wood and other materials. This is one of the most historical sites in China.
15. Watch a meteor shower. Instead of spending your Saturday night at the city,spend your time in the country viewing the shooting stars and make a wish!
Any more ideas that you could think off??…let us know at comments below!