Well it’s starting to get a little warmer and everybody should go outside and enjoy the weather before our annual heat waves start. Some of you guys play sports too, I know I do, and it is very important to stay hydrated. It is very important to stay healthy so you can rock that outfit of yours. I have found a few super hydrating drinks that will really help you stay healthy and I can guarantee that you will enjoy the drinks as much as I do.
1. Ginger Electrolyte Sports Drink
Lemons: They detoxify the liver and they have a great hit of potassium.
Salt: It is essential for electrolyte balance. When you sweat, you lose a lot of salt in your body so it is important to get that all back.
Ginger water: Ginger is great for stomach problems and digestion and it may even help with muscle soreness.
Ingredients Yield: 1.5 L 1/2 liter of ginger water, recipe below 1 liter of water juice of 3 small lemons 1/2 tsp. sea salt (you can add a bit more if you’d like) stevia to taste
Ginger Water 1 medium-sized ginger root 1 liter of water liquid stevia, to taste
1. Cut ginger into large coins and place into a large pot. Add water. 2. Bring water to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Shut off heat and let the ginger water steep until cool. 3. Add liquid stevia to taste and store in airtight container, pitcher, or jar in the fridge.
1. Mix all ingredients together into a large jar or pitcher and stir to combine. Refrigerate and now you have a healthy, natural sports drink!
2. Strawberry-Infused Sports Drink
This drink is great for long and dehydrating work outs. If you work out for more than 60 minutes, drink this alternating with water.
Ingredients 3 C hot water 1/2 C orange juice juice of 1 lemon 2 tsp honey + stevia to taste 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 container of strawberries (or any berry of your choice), sliced
Mix well and chill in the fridge overnight. Strain to remove the berries, or enjoy them as a little snack with your drink. (:
3. Chia Fresca
Chia seeds are so fun to eat when they are put into water, its like eating small bubbles. Chia seeds are super healthy and hydrating and they have more omega 3s than salmon, more potassium than bananas, more calcium than milk, and are loaded with antioxidants. They’re a complete protein and, unlike flax-seeds, they are very shelf stable and not prone to rancidity.
Ingredients Yield: 2 cups 2 cups water or coconut water 1.5 tbsp chia seeds 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice, or to taste Sweetener, to taste (I like 1/2 tbsp maple syrup)
1. Add the chia seeds to the water and stir well. Allow the chia seeds to swell up for 10 minutes. If you have a closed bottle or container..shake well to separate the seeds.
2. Add lime or lemon juice and sweetener to taste. Stir or shake well and enjoy!!
Remember, homemade drinks taste so much better than preservative drinks and they are super fun to make too.
Hope you liked my post!! Comment below if you tried these recipes! See you next week….(: