By Adithy Hassan
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
Since I got a lot of great feedback on my breakfast idea post and requests to talk about more of my favorite recipes, I decided to give you guys a few lunch ideas!
1. Salad in a jar: I believe that anything’s better in a jar. To make your quick and easy salad you will need:
1. A mason jar
2. Vegetables of your choice
- Cherry tomatoes
3. Fruits of your choice
- dried cranberries
- dried apricots
- dried blueberries
4. Lean Meat Pieces
- grilled chicken chunks
- turkey pieces
5. Dressing (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Thousand Island
This is pretty self explanatory, but go ahead and add dressing into your jar and then place all of your vegetables, fruits, meat and/or croutons into your jar and you are ready to dig into your absolutely appetizing salad in a jar!
Tip: Add the dressing on the bottom to prevent your greens from getting soggy.
2. King-sized bagel bite: Who didn’t love bagel bites as a kid?! But since we’ve obviously grown older it’s time to make a healthier version of our all-time favorite bagel bites. To start you will need:
- bagel (plain works best, but cheese bagels work well too if you desire extra cheese)
- cheese (I’ve found that mozzarella works best, but go ahead and use your favorite cheese or whatever you’ve got in your fridge)
- Marinara sauce (I love Barilla’s basil and tomato sauce the best)
- pepperoni or any type of meat (optional)
Start off by toasting your bagel if you would like, then begin to spread marinara sauce all over your bread and sprinkle a handful of cheese with some meat onto your bagel then either microwave or place your bagel in the oven for a few minutes until your cheese turns into ooey-gooey goodness and you’re ready to take a step back in time while indulging yourself into your king-sized bagel bite.
3. Stack-it-up kebabs: To make your quick kebabs you will need:
- Skewers (you can make a few mini kebabs with some toothpicks)
- Vegetables of your choice
- Meat of your choice
All you have to do from here is stack your vegetables and/or meats in any order you desire on your skewers and eat it from there!
I hope you guys like these recipes and make sure to send me a picture of your amazing recreations!(: Till next week, XOXO Adithy.