by Ishraaq Shams
1. Theoretically, the longest chess game possible has 5,949 moves.
2. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said “Elementary, my dear Watson.”
3. Honey never spoils.
4. Jet lag was once called “boat lag,” before there were jets.
5. The full name of Los Angeles is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula.”
7. The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
8. Monday is the most favorable day for self-destruction according to suicide statistics.
9. The inventors of Bubble Wrap were originally trying to make plastic wallpaper.
10. -40 degrees Celsius is exactly the same as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Deipnophobia is the fear of dinner party conversations.
13. Delaware is the only state that does not have a national park.
14. Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
16. Horses can’t vomit.
17. “Stressed” is “desserts” spelled backwards.
18. “Almost” is the longest commonly used word in the English language with all of the letters in alphabetical order.
19. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
21. The word for the day before yesterday is “nudiustertian.” The word for the day after tomorrow is “overmorrow.”
23. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
24. Cockroaches can live up to nine days without their head before they starve to death.