by Swetha Rajagopal
Have you ever not been able to find a movie to watch on a certain day? Did you get tired of watching your all-time favorites? Were you feeling out of it and just wanted to relax? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, here are some movies that may fit your mood…
1. If you’re feeling bored, the best movie for you is The Hunger Games. This action-packed film will surprise you with an unexpected twist each time the characters turn a corner. The Hunger Games is guaranteed to amp up your life!
2. If your day is going really bad, and you want to drown your sorrows in ice cream, the ideal movie match would be The Princess Bride. Filled with romance, comedy, and excitement, it will definitely bring some light to your day!
3. When you are having a family night and want to put on something that will make everybody happy, Frozen would be your best bet. You and your family will instantly fall in love with this excellent film!
4. If you’re feeling energetic, a breathtaking film for you to watch is Confessions of a Shopaholic. From start to finish, the drama in this movie will keep you thrilled!
5. If you want a movie with complete and utter perfection, the most PERFECT movie….is….wait for it…………………….Cinderella! As many of you may realize, Cinderella entails the the most wonderful “dream come true” ending which makes this timeless movie a must-watch!!!
6. If you feel like you want to experience some fear and get a few chills, you’d definitely want to watch either a horror movie or a sci-fi film. A horror movie that will haunt your world is The Woman in Black. This movie will surely give you some goosebumps! Obviously, the best sci-fi film for you to watch would be I Frankenstein, but if you’re an old-fashioned type of guy or gal, then just watch the older version which is simply named Frankenstein. Whether you watch I Frankenstein or just plain old Frankenstein, the classic films are sure to give you some comfort and thrill!
7. If you’re feeling angry and you just want to get driven away from the madness, a serene movie to try is Catch and Release. This movie is probably your best shot at spewing out some of that tension.
8. If you are feeling disheartened or discouraged, The Dead Poets’ Society is sure to bring your hopes up. This cinema chronicles the story of an English teacher who changes students’ lives. The Dead Poets’ Society will encourage you to get up and keep going!
9. If there is a time when curiosity is overwhelming you, I suggest you watch a good mystery movie. When considering mystery, of course Sherlock Holmes is always on the list. But there are no good ol’ classic Sherlock Holmes films that I know of out there. So a good mystery movie that will be a rather satisfying substitute to Sherlock Holmes is Clue. As you watch the movie, start gathering up your clues because the ending is going to be quite a bombshell!
10. This one is for all my BASIS peeps out there! Since y’all are always feeling nerdy and brainy (or so the rumor goes), The Internship is a movie that reveals how cool it is to keep your nerd on.
Anytime you feel like watching a movie, just come back to this list, and you may be enlightened with the most suitable movie selection for your mood. This collection of movies are sure to brighten your days!
P.S. Don’t forget to leave your comments below, and keep reading the Basis Bugle!