By Adithy Hassan
“Surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” -Heidi Klum
I can’t believe fall break went by so quickly! But i hope you guys had a great week(: This is my first recipe/food post so I hope you guys like it! I noticed the lack of interactions in my last post, so I would greatly appreciate it if you told your friends about our fashion articles! I would also love any suggestions on future articles, so feel free to add your thoughts in the comments(:
1. Layer-it-up Parfait: This is one of my favorite things to eat in the morning because there are absolutely no rules when it comes to creating the perfect parfait! The base of most parfaits consists of yogurt topped with some berries and a sprinkle of granola. I love my parfaits with honey greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and granola with greek yogurt chunks.
2. Vegetable Frittata: I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this recipe! It’s probably one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes. To get the chance to marvel on how mouth watering this recipe is you will need:
- 2 eggs
- any vegetable of your choice (I love adding red bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach)
- your favorite type of cheese (I personally use a few sprinkles of pepper jack cheese)
- half and half cream (optional)
1. Finely chop up your vegetables.
2. Beat your eggs, add a splash of half and half, a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Turn your stove on medium heat, and pour your egg mixture onto your pan and add your vegetables and cheese on your frittata. (It cooks best with a cover on your pan.)
4. Enjoy your delicious vegetable frittata!
3. Banana Oat Pancakes: I absolutely love these pancakes because they are a healthier take on your everyday pancakes. If you like banana bread, you’re sure to love these pancakes! To whip up 4 scrumptious pancakes you will need:
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- baking powder (For one teaspoon of baking powder, combine 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch -Danilo Alfaro)
- half and half cream(this works better since t gives the pancakes a fluffy and soft consistency) or milk
- 2/3 cup of oats
- cooking spray
- any other fruits you would like to add
1. Blend the bananas, egg, a few shakes of salt, 1/8 tsp of baking powder, 2 tbsp of half and half and 2/3 cups of oats in a blender or food processor.
2.It’s pretty self-explanatory from here, but go ahead and cover your pan with some cooking spray and pour your blended mixture onto the pan on medium heat.
3. Add any fruits or toppings you would like to on top of your pancakes and enjoy!
If you tried out any of these recipes, I would love to see your creations! I found these recipes online, but embedded my own tips into it. Like I mention almost every week, my tips aren’t set directions. They’re bases meant for you to experiment with things you usually wouldn’t have tried otherwise and share any tips you pick up along the way. Till next week, XOXO Adithy.